We are now accepting nominations for the prestigious NSA Awards for Ferris E. Lucas Sheriff of the Year, Charles "Bud" Meeks Award for Deputy Sheriff of the Year, Chaplain of the Year, Law Enforcement Explorer Post Advisor Award, Corrections/Jail Innovation of the Year Award, the Reserve Deputy of the Year Award, as well as several other awards.
FIND A PUBLICATION
NSA and NCCHC are pleased to present a resource to support jail administrators in providing effective treatment in a controlled, safe environment.
This handbook is designed to help law enforcement and older adults interested in the Triad concept to implement a comprehensive crime prevention and education program. It explains what Triad is, why it is needed, how to organize a Triad, and how to leverage the group’s collective strength to address issues aff ecting older adults.
Download by clicking here
The following resolutions remain in effect until June 24, 2022, in accordance with Article XIII, Section 6 of the Constitution and Bylaws of the National Sheriffs Association
- 2018-01 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS A JOINT RESOLUTION WITH THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CHIEFS OF POLICE ACCEPTING THE NATIONAL SAFETY COUNCIL POSITION ON CANNABIS (MARIJUANA) AND DRIVING REGARDING THC PER SE LEGISLATION
- 2018-02 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION RESOLUTION ON YOUTH TRIED AS ADULTS
- 2018-03 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS FBI CALL FOR ACTION ON ENCRYPTION, A MAJOR PUBLIC SAFETY PROBLEM
- 2018-04 SUPPORT FOR 2018 MODEL ORDINANCE FOR ALARM MANAGEMENT AND FALSE ALARM REDUCTION
- 2018-05 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS THE REGIONAL INFORMATION SHARING SYSTEMS® (RISS)
- 2018-06 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS DRUG ABUSE RESISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAM (D.A.R.E.)
- 2018-07 NSA HOMELAND SECURITY COMMITTEE SUPPORTS DEVELOPMENT OF A PLAN TO DEVELOP A NATIONAL CORPS OF COMMISSIONED LAW ENFORCEMENT CYBER INVESTIGATORS, TRAINED & CERTIFIED BY NSA.
- 2018-08 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS THE INVENTORYING, TESTING, AND TRACKING OF ALL RAPE KITS CONNECTED TO A REPORTED CRIME
- 2018-09 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION ENDORSES GROWTH THROUGH OPPORTUNITY (GTO)
- 2018-10 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS PROTECTION OF SPECTRUM USED IN SUPPORT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT
- 2018-11 THE NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION RECOGNIZES AND SUPPORTS RESULTS-BASED SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS OR SOLVE THE MULTITUDE OF CHALLENGES THAT INNEFECTIVE BORDER SECURITY HAS CAUSED OUR NATION
- 2018-12 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS THE ENFORCEMENT PARTNERSHIP KNOWN AS THE BASIC ORDERING AGREEMENT (BOA) BETWEEN DHS (ICE), MAJOR COUNTY SHERIFFS OF AMERICAN (MCSA) AND NSA THAT AIMS TO PREVENT THE RELEASE OF CRIMINAL ALIENS
- 2018-13 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS SEAMLESS INTEROPERABILITY OF 9-1-1 AND NEXT GENERATION 9-1-1- NETWORKS
- 2018-14 NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS THE EFFORTS OF STOP UNDERRIDES AND ADVOCACY FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SAFETY
The following resolutions remain in effect until June 25, 2021, in accordance with Article XIII, Section 6 of the Constitution and Bylaws of the National Sheriffs Association
- 2017-01: NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION ACKNOWLEDGES THE ELECTED OFFICE OF SHERIFF AS THE CHIEF LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICE THROUGHOUT OUR NATION
- 2017-02: NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS THE MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENTS OF JUSTICE AND HOMELAND SECURITY IN STOPPING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AND SECURING OUR BORDERS
- 2017-03: NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION RESOLUTION IN OPPOSITION TO LOCAL UNFUNDED MANDATES
- 2017-04: NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION DEMONSTRATES THE BENEFITS OF RIDESHARING THROUGH ONGOING SUPPORT FOR RIDESHARING PROGRAMS SUCH AS LYFT
- 2017-05: NATIONAL SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION OPPOSES ANY INCREASE IN SIZE OR WEIGHT OF LARGE TRUCKS AT ALL LEVELS OF GOVERNMENT
- 2017-05: NATIONAL SHERIFFS' ASSOCIATION SUPPORTS THE USE OF NON-NARCOTIC EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICATION-ASSISTED TREATMENT (MAT) FOR OPIOID DEPENDENCE IN COUNTY JAILS
- 2017-06: NATIONAL SHERIFFS' ASSOCIATION OPPOSES LEGISLATION ON DRUG IMPORTATION
The constitution contains the fundamental principles which govern NSA's operation. The bylaws establish the specific rules of guidance by which NSA is to function.
This guide is designed to serve as a template and checklist for preparing Active Shooter/Hostile Event (ASHE) specific plans and procedures including incident command, emergency communications, medical, training and exercises, community outreach and citizen engagement, equipment, and incident specific considerations for ASHE specific threats and responses (active violence, fire as a weapon, explosives, civil disturbance). It also includes a resource guide that includes terms and definitions and example Memorandums of Understanding (MOU)/Memorandums of Agreement (MOA) for formally documenting the resources and commitments each agency and jurisdiction should make when planning and executing a multi- agency/multi-jurisdiction ASHE incident plan.
The document is unclassified and contains no caveats restricting dissemination.
An Investment in the Future of the NSA Foundation
A growing number of members and friends of law enforcement support the NSA Foundation through financial or estate planning. This process is known as “gift planning” and the gifts are referred to as “planned gifts.”
Your proceeds of financial contributions are made to the NSA Foundation which has §501(c)(3) nonprofit status and is tax deductible as allowed by law. The Tax ID Number is 52-1100429.
For more info about the NSA Foundation, click here.
The annual report is a comprehensive report on a NSA's activities throughout the year.