Law Enforcement Training: Response to and Investigation of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking [Greenville, MS]
December 5-6, 2022
Monday, December 5: 8 am – 5 pm
Tuesday, December 6: 8 am – 12:45 pm
Host Agency: Our House, Inc.
Training Site: 1213 VFW Road, Greenville, MS 38701
Training Overview: The 12-hour no-cost training will focus on the unique needs of front-line officers, investigators, and street supervisors. An expert law enforcement officer, prosecutor, and domestic violence advocate will team-teach law enforcement to appropriately respond to and investigate domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking cases.
- Increase officer and victim safety, and increase offender accountability to prevent future abuse
- Identify interviewing, evidence gathering, and probable cause determination techniques to investigate and report Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking crimes more effectively
- Identify liability issues for law enforcement agencies and apply practices to potentially decrease risk of lawsuits
- Understand dynamics of domestic violence
- Identify the unique needs of responding to and investigating cases involving underserved populations
- Identify the essential components of the decision to arrest
- Understand all aspects of protection orders
- Apply federal domestic violence laws