Requirements & Dues
(eligible to vote and receive free AD&D insurance)
- Sheriffs-elect, provided they qualify for office.
- Undersheriffs, assistant sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, other employees of a sheriff's office, and members of the sheriff's reserve, auxiliaries, and posses.
- Chiefs of police and other employees of an agency having responsibility to enforce criminal law.
- Individuals affiliated with federal and state law enforcement or with military agencies.
- Individuals employed by private rather than public organizations but who have law enforcement duties.
- Individuals employed in any agency, public or private, whose responsibilities relate directly or indirectly to the administration of criminal justice.
- Individuals engaged in teaching, research, and writing in the field of criminal justice.
- Individuals who have demonstrated genuine interest in and support of the Office of Sheriff or the effective administration of criminal justice/law enforcement/public safety throughout the nation.
- Life Members
(not eligible to vote and do not receive free AD&D insurance)
- Auxiliary Members
- International Members
(not eligible to vote, do not receive free AD&D insurance or a magazine)
- Citizen Member
Membership Dues Structure
(dues subject to change)
- Sheriff (cost is assessed according to county population)
- Sheriff with county population of 500,000 or more = $562
- Sheriff with county population of 250,000– 499,999 = $282
- Sheriff with county population of 100,000–249,999 = $170
- Sheriff with county population of 10,000–99,999 = $112
- Sheriff with county population of less than 10,000 = $58
- Chief of Police = $73
- Executive/Agency Director = $73
- Other Active Members = $52
- Auxiliary Member = $40
- Student = $40
- International Member = $68
- Citizen Member=$15
- Group of 2-50 = $42 each
- Group of 51-100 = $38 each
- Group of 101-500 = $34 each
- Group of 501+ = $30 each
- Group of 2-50 = $32 each
- Group of 51-100 = $28 each
- Group of 101-500 = $24 each
- Group of 501+ = $20 each
Note: All Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.