Active Members (eligible to vote):
- Sheriffs-elect, provided they qualify for office.
- Undersheriffs, assistant sheriffs, deputy sheriffs, other employees of a sheriff's office, and members of the sheriff's reserve, auxiliaries, and posses.
- Chiefs of police and other employees of an agency having responsibility to enforce criminal law.
- Individuals affiliated with federal and state law enforcement or with military agencies.
- Individuals employed by private rather than public organizations but who have law enforcement duties.
- Individuals employed in any agency, public or private, whose responsibilities relate directly or indirectly to the administration of criminal justice.
- Individuals engaged in teaching, research, and writing in the field of criminal justice.
- Individuals who have demonstrated genuine interest in and support of the Office of Sheriff or the effective administration of criminal justice/law enforcement/public safety throughout the nation.
- Life Members
Auxiliary Members (not eligible to vote and do not receive free AD&D insurance):
- Auxiliary Members
- International Members
Membership Dues Structure
(dues subject to change)
- Sheriff (cost is assessed according to county population)
- Sheriff with county population of 500,000 or more = $515
- Sheriff with county population of 250,000– 499,999 = $258
- Sheriff with county population of 100,000–249,999 = $155
- Sheriff with county population of 10,000–99,999 = $103
- Sheriff with county population of less than 10,000 = $52
- Chief of Police = $67
- Executive/Agency Director = $67
- Other Active Members = $47
- Deputy Member (receives Deputy and Court Officer magazine) = $47
- Auxiliary Member = $37
- Deputy Member (receives Deputy and Court Officer magazine) = $37
- Student = $37
- International Member = $62
Note: All Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.